Admission in Foundation University Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences (FUIRS) is open to all students irrespective of sex, religion, color, creed, class and domicile who are academically qualified for admission to the courses of study offered by the college.
The candidate who applies online must submit the printed application form along with a processing fee challan of Rs. 1000/- and required documents as per the checklist before 02 Feb 2021.
- FSC (Pre-Medical, 60% minimum marks)
- IBCC Equivalence for foreign education system (A-Level/12th Grade) with minimim 60% marks
- Incomplete/late applications will not be considered
- Verified Hafiz-e-Quran shall get credit according the Government Admission policy.
- The decision of the Admission Committee is irrevocable and final. The authorities are not bound to explain the reasons for their decisions to the applicants, their parents or guardian.
Prerequisites for Pakistani Candidates:-
F.Sc (Pre-Medical Group/A Level/Equivalent) securing at least 60% (unadjusted) marks.
Prerequisites for Overseas Candidates
- 8 x candidates to be admitted in expatriate/foreigner category
Who can Apply:
- Foreigners and Pakistanis having dual nationality / resident status of a foreign country.
- Pakistani students who studies abroad for and have passed pre-medical F.Sc / HSSC/Intermediate with minimum 60% marks.
Eligibility for admission on foreign /expatriate seats is as follow:-
- Foreigners and Pakistani National who have passed examination equivalent to F.Sc from a foreign university/examination body / education system with three science subjects out of which Biology and Chemistry are essential subjects with 60% marks in aggregate as certified by IBCC, Islamabad.
- IBCC equivalence certificate (Photocopy) must be attached with the application form. In case if the equivalence certification is not submitted before the commencement of the classes, the admission of the student/applicant will be considered cancelled.
Distribution of Seats
The students will be selected on merit basis in the following categories:-
|1||Open Merit||30 (15 x seats each for Male and Female students)|
|3||Retired Armed Forces||05|
|4||Serving Armed Forces||05|
|5||Wards of Shuhda/War Wounded (nominated by GHQ)||02|
Determining the Merit
Following weightage will be awarded for calculation of merit for admission in FUIRS:-
|Degree Programs||SSC Marks||HSSC Marks||Entry Test|
Entry Test Details
Entry Test will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based containing 50 MCQs of Total 50 Marks. There will be no Negative Marking and applicants will be given a time period of 1 hour to answer 50 MCQs. Following are the Detailed Division of Total MCQs
• Biology: 15
• Physics: 15
• Chemistry: 15
• General Knowledge/English: 05
The final Selection is strictly based on Merit as per of following selection Criteria:
• F. Sc Marks 40%
• Matric 10%
• Entry Test 50%
Applicants are advised to use Text Books of F.Sc for the Purpose of preparation for entry test.
Following are some Sample MCQs for Entry Test Exam.
1. Which bacteria can rarely have flagella
2. Which of the following is not endotherm
B. Flying insect
1. A stone thrown from the top of a tall building follows a path that is:
C. Straight line
2. Strain can be measured in:
D. None of theses its unit less
1. Units of gas constant R in SI system is:
A. 0.0821 dm3 atm k–1 mol–1
B. 82.1 cm3 atm k–1
C. 8.31 Nm k–1 mol–1
D. 1.987 cal k–1 mol–1
2. Boiling point is low for liquid with
A. High vapour pressure at given temperature
B. Low vapour pressure at a given temperature
C. Very high vapour pressure
D. Very low vapour pressure
1. Choose the correct synonym of Acquiesce
1. Pakistan’s national animal is
D. None of these