There are numerous undergraduate programs and few masters programs in Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy being offered in Pakistan. This MS-CPT program will encompass integration of basic concepts and theoretical framework, latest evidence based foundational and clinical knowledge, assessment, and conservative management approaches according to international standards.
Goal of the Program:
This course will be a specialized program encompassing latest evidence based management techniques and knowledge regarding different cardiovascular and pulmonary Diseases, their diagnostic tools and approaches, detailed quantitative and qualitative cardiovascular and pulmonary assessment, handling critical care and intensive care equipment and patients with focused hands-on management techniques , to enable the graduates become specialized practitioners in dealing with a multitude of problems involving the cardiovascular and pulmonary system which is a dire need of the country.
Objectives of the Program:
- To provide specialized cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapists.
- To provide responsible and skilled members assuming leadership roles in the benefit of communities they serve
- To provide functionally proactive and productive members of a cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy team engaged in health care, clinical research & education.
- To identify researchable problems, advocate and participate in research, and incorporate research findings into clinical practice.
- To adopt latest evidence-based assessment and management skills for health care system.
- To incorporate and integrate social, economic, and cultural values into cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy practice for advocating changes in policy.
Midterm/Sessional Exam after 8 weeks
Final Term/Terminal Exam after 16 weeks
Assessment of subjects with viva:
– Assignments 10%
– Sessional Exam 30%
– Final Exam 40 %
– Viva/Practical/OSPE/OSCE 20 %
Assessment of subject without viva:
– Assignments 20%
– Sessional Exam 30%
– Final Exam 50%
Clinical Residency Program:
– Case Evaluation & Treatment 70%
– Viva 20%
– Log book 10%
– Supervisor 60 %
Synopsis 20 %
Thesis 40 %
– External Examiner 40 %
Cumulative 60% = pass