AWARENESS SEMINAR ON PROTECTION OF WOMEN AGAINST HARASSMENT AT WORKPLACE - 2021
VENUE: Auditorium, Foundation University Islamabad
DATE AND TIME: Friday,19th February 2021,10:00-11:30
REPRESENTATIVES & ORGANIZING COMMITTEE FROM DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY MEDICINE:
- Prof Brig Dr Naila Azam (R),HOD
- Dr Shumaila Humayun, Sr Lect
- Dr Shaista Zulfiqar, Demonstrator
OVERVIEW OF SEMINAR PROCEEDING
Program of seminar is attached.The seminar was attended by Female Faculty and students of FUCN,& Female staff of FUI.
- The seminar started with Tilawat of Surah Al-asr
- Opening remarks were given by Prof Dr Naila Azam, HOD Community Medicine Deptt, who stressed on the need of prevention well before the occurrence of any mishap, including harassment; as ‘Prevention is always better than cure’.She emphasized on the role of an organization in shaping the intra-organizational climate and modeling the behaviours of its employees, as it reflects back on its own repute and efficiency.She also stressed that in any organization, workplace harassment has no place.As women are working alongside men in most of the organizations so for harmony and peace it is the responsibility of the organization to provide full support and a congenial and respective environment for women who are vulnerable & can be the victims of workplace harassment.As Foundation University is an educational institute and female students, staff & faculty are a huge part of it, hence it is important to create awareness regarding all types of harassment for the sake of their safety.
- A powerpoint presentation on harassment, its types, was given by Prof Dr Naila Azam.
- The members of Committee for protection of women against harassment at workplace were enlisted
- The procedure for getting the complaint form & filing the complaint was thoroughly explained to the audience and it was highly appreciated.
- A Question Answer session was carried out at the end by Dr Shumaila Humayun & Dr Shaista Zulfiqar, to assess the understanding of the audience and it was found excellent, which showed they were fully attentive in the seminar.
- An educational video on sexual harassment was shown to the audience.
- The concluding remarks were given by Prof Dr Naila Azam, who stated that the Committee was fully operational, with ease of downloading of complaint form from FUI website,as well as its availability at the respective offices.The complaint can be registered easily via website , or email mentioned in the form, as well as it can be placed by hand in the designated ‘Dropbox for Sexual Harassment Complaints’ outside the department of Community Medicine on fourth floor of FUMC building.
Event Photography was carried out by – Media and Arts Department FUIC
Number of Participants = 105
( with social distancing)