Applying to BDS
50 students for BDS are admitted per year. Admission in FUCD are open to all students irrespective of gender, religion, colour, creed, class and domicile who are academically qualified for admission to the courses of study offered by the college. The admission is offered strictly on the basis of merit determined by the Admitting University as per the admission criteria set by the PMC.
Candidates will apply Online with Admitting University i.e, NUMS after the appearance of advertisement in the national press.
Eligibility for Admission
Candidates seeking admission in undergraduate medical or dental college shall be eligible having fulfilled the following mandatory criteria:-
- Have passed the MDCAT examination conducted by the National Medical Authority with minimum 65% marks.
- Obtained a Higher Secondary School Certificate qualification (HSSC) or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan and having obtained 65% or more marks therein, or a higher percentage as may be notified by the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC).
- Passed the subjects of Biology and Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics in the examination of the Higher Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan. Only the cumulative marks obtained (minimum 65%) in the subjects of Biology, Chemistry and Physics / Mathematics will be taken for calculation of merit.
- Appearance in NUMS MDCAT is also mandatory.
- No distinction will be made in terms of merit and criteria between Pakistani, Overseas or Foreign students.
The weightage formula for calculation of the merit is as under:-
HSSC / Equivalent - 50%
National MDCAT - 25%
NUMS MDCAT - 25%
- Open Merit-43
- W&R Quoa Seats-07
The decision of the Admission Committee is irrevocable and final. The authorities are not bound to explain the reasons for their decisions to the applicants, their parents or guardians.