Applying to BDS
50 students for BDS are admitted per year. Admission in FUCD are open to all students irrespective of gender, religion, colour, creed, class and domicile who are academically qualified for admission to the courses of study offered by the college. The admission is offered strictly on the basis of merit determined by the Admitting University as per the admission criteria set by the PM & DC.
Candidates will apply Online with Admitting University i.e, NUMS after the appearance of advertisement in the national press.
- Foreign Student is a student who holds a permanent Foreign Nationality or is on overseas (being a Pakistani citizen permanently resident in a foreign country) Pakistani, and who has studied and passed HSSC 12th grade examination or equivalent from outside Pakistan and possess a certificate to this effect from the institution last attended
- Minimum 60% aggregate marks in FSc/HSSC/ A-Level/12th Grade (Pre-Medical) or equivalent having minimum twelve years of education in atleast three subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics.
- Candidates may apply on the basis of following test:
- MDCAT (NUMS)-2023 (Held on Sunday, 03 September 2023). Pass percentage of MDCAT (NUMS) is 55% for admission in MBBS Program and 50% for BDS Program.
- Valid MCAT (USA) with 50% marks in each subject.
- Valid UCAT (UK) with 50% marks in each subject.
MERIT DETERMINATION WEIGHTAGE FORMULA FOR ADMISSION
- Entrance Test MDCAT (NUMS) 2023/ MCAT(USA) / UCAT(UK),
where applicable 50%
- HSSC / F. Sc (Pre-Medical)/A-Level/12th Grade 40%
- SSC / Matric/ O-Level/10th Grade 10%
The weightage formula for calculation of the merit is as under:-
NUMS MDCAT 50%
HSSC/F.Sc. Pre-Medical//Eq. 40%
(Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Maths)
Open Merit - 33
Expatriat/Foreign - 08
W&R Quota Seats - 09
The decision of the Admission Committee is irrevocable and final. The authorities are not bound to explain the reasons for their decisions to the applicants, their parents or guardians.