Foundation University College of Physical Therapy, also known as FUCP, is a constituent institute of Foundation University Islamabad. Established in 2014, the institute aimed at offering and providing the best learning experience for Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) students by ensuring quality teaching and training. Since its inception, Foundation University Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences has managed to become a prominent name among the best physical therapy institutes of not only twin cities but also of Pakistan, by setting a benchmark for quality education and the latest evidence-based clinical- practice training.
- Foundation University College of Physical Therapy (FUCP) offers a 5-years professional bachelor’s degree program of Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) and 2-years Post-graduate degree of MS Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy, with an aim to produce highly qualified and professional physical therapists.
- The institute has expanded its horizon by offering Post-graduation Master of Sciences (MS) course in Musculoskeletal and plans to commence other Post-graduation courses in Neurological, Cardiopulmonary, Women health, Sports Physical Therapy as well as Ph.D. in Rehabilitation Sciences.
- Clinical Training to students is provided in Fauji Foundation Hospital Rawalpindi, an affiliated 850-bedded tertiary care hospital of Foundation University Islamabad.
- In addition to having a large department of physical medicine & rehabilitation, offering outpatient and inpatient services, Fauji Foundation hospital has also the honor of having one of the largest and oldest Artificial Limb Centre (ALC) of the country with the latest gadgetry developing over 7000 artificial limbs and supporting orthosis every year.
- The indigenous clinical and research laboratory of Foundation University College of Physical Therapy (FUCP) is equipped with the latest & state-of-the-art technological equipment for patient care and advanced clinical research such as anti-gravity treadmill, gadgets like virtual reality, dynamic post urography and marker less gait and running analysis.
Facilities & Faculty:
- The Institute has a purpose-built building situated within premises of Foundation University School of Health Sciences (FUSH), comprising state-of-the-art lecture halls, amphitheaters, well-equipped multi-disciplinary labs, library, and student common rooms.
- The Faculty of Rehabilitation Sciences consists of highly qualified, and renowned professionals specialized in different domains of rehabilitation sciences. Utilizing all the resources available, the faculty of FUCP aims to provide a conducive and enabling learning environment to all students. The Institute strives to achieve excellence in teaching & research for producing graduates with sound professional knowledge, integrity of character, a keen sense of social responsibility and life-long leaning.
- International Collaborations:
Foundation university institute of rehabilitation sciences has signed MOU with the University of Hasselt, Belgium in order to strengthen academic and research links between FUI and UHasselt. This collaboration is a golden opportunity for enhancing learning and research experience through faculty and student exchange programs, joint research projects, and sharing of resources. This joint venture has already started bearing early fruits as the institutes have collaboratively won Erasmus+ international grant for faculty and student mobility for training purposes in Belgium.
Research projects and publications are also reflecting intellectual/creative aspects of faculty and students of Foundation University College of Physical Therapy (FUCP). The Faculty has the honor of attaining research grants worth more than 8 million for research projects from HEC and foundation university and presenting numerous research papers and keynote speeches at different national & international forums/conferences. In a short span of around 5 years, the institute has collaborated in successfully conducting 4 national and international conferences.
The institute is currently in the process of acquiring membership from the World Confederation of Physical Therapy to enhance its international standing and develop a scientific research journal with the aim to publish high-quality peer-reviewed scientific papers to further strengthen the clinical practices and field of rehabilitation sciences in Pakistan.