All individuals of FUIC and other than FUIC can obtain membership of the library of an FUIC institution after submitting the completed membership form.
2. Library Card
Library Membership card will be issued first time free of cost and in case of lost or damaged a fee of Rs.100/- will be charged for duplicate card. (For Student Only)
3. Rules for Students
i. Books will not be issued without Library Membership Card.
ii. The following categories of student members can borrow books for the period mentioned against each:-
|Category||Books Allowed||Period (Days)|
|Students (MBBS, BDS, DPT)||2||14|
iii. A book may be re-issued if any other member does not require the same.
iv. Reference books, Newspapers, Periodicals, CDs and Audio Visual material will not be issued.
v. Two copies of a book will not be issued to a student so that other students can also benefit from the same.
b) Loss, damage and Fine
i. Books will be returned on or before the due date. A fine of Rs. 10/- per day per book will be charged on late return of book(s).
ii. Overdue fine on temporary issued books would be Rs.50/- per day per book will be charged on late return of book(s).
iii. Library Incharge can also stop library services for a student during the semester if the books issued to him / her are long overdue or a heavy amount of fine has accumulated against his / her name.
iv. In case a book is lost or damaged by a student, it will be replaced by him / her with a new one of same edition if same edition is not available in market, library can accept latest edition of book with the approval of Head of the institution.
v. In case a book is lost or damaged by a student and it is not available in market, a fine equivalent to two times the current cost of book plus fine will be charged and book will be written off from library ledger.
vi. If any student leaves the institution without returning the book(s), a fine equivalent to two times the current cost of book(s) will be deducted from his / her security deposit and book(s) will be written off from library ledger.
i. Students will obtain clearance from library at the end of final semester / term.
ii. Library incharge can withdraw any book if required for specific purpose.
iii. In case of any dispute, Head of the institution will be final authority for decision.
4. Rules for Faculty / Staff Members
i. The following categories of faculty and staff members can borrow books for the period mentioned against each: -
|Category||Books Allowed||Period (Days)|
|Faculty (Professor./Associate Prof. / Asstt. Prof.)||10||180|
b) Circulation of Journals/CDs
International Medical Journals/Magazines will be issued to faculty members for maximum one week. Latest issue of the Journals/Magazines will not be issued except HOD; however other faculty members can borrow latest issue of the Journals/Magazines for overnight or on weekend.
c) Loss and damage
i. In case a book is lost or damaged by any faculty, staff or other member, it will be replaced by him / her with a new one of same edition. If same edition is not available in market, library can accept latest edition of book with the approval of Head of the institution.
ii. In case a book is lost or damaged by any faculty, staff or other member, and it is not available in market, a fine equivalent to current cost of book will be charged and book will be written off from library ledger.
iii. If a faculty or staff member leaves the institution without returning the book(s), cost of book(s) will be deducted from his / her outstanding dues and book(s) will be written off from library ledger.
i. Faculty and staff members will obtain clearance from library before leaving (completion of service / resignation / long leave) the institution.
ii. PGT / FCPS / House Officer / Visiting faculty members will get clearance on their claim forms for last two months of the semester.
1. Users must conduct themselves decently and properly in the Library.
2. All members should observe library timings.
3. No discussion on any mater, political or friendly, is allowed to take place in the library.
4. Silence must be observed in library to make it a suitable place for serious study. Individuals making noise of any kind would be fined and / or asked to leave the library.
5. Mobile phones should be put on silent / vibration mode before entering the library.
6. Bringing personal books, folders, files, registers, bags and lunch boxes etc. in library is prohibited.
7. Taking snacks and other edibles in the library is strictly prohibited.
8. Smoking is strictly prohibited in library.
9. While leaving the library, users may be asked to show the books with them for inspection.
10. All books and other material available in the library should be used with care, since the replacement is very difficult due to high costs.
11. All library members must settle any overdue loans at the end of each semester.
12. Members are advised to make use of photocopier service instead of making notes or mutilating books, journals / magazines. Photocopying will be made in accordance with the copy right law only.
13. Underlining, writing remarks on the books and / or folding pages of books is strictly prohibited. Any library member found doing so would be fined.
14. No library member is allowed to bring library material out of Library until it has been borrowed properly. The removal of a book or other library material in contravention of library regulations, beyond the last point of circulation, will be evidence of intention to commit theft.
15. Such library members will be considered committing violation of the FUI Code of Conduct and will be referred to Head of the institution for disciplinary action.
16. Library services may be stopped at any time (if required) by the order of Head of the institution.
17. The Library staff on duty has the right to request a user to leave the premises if he/she is found to be violating any of the Library rules.
18. The Library Incharge is empowered to withhold Library facilities for any infringement of these rules.
19. All users are required to vacate the library premises ten minutes before closing time. A buzzer will be rung to indicate the time.
20. Any grievance / complaint will be brought to the notice of Library Incharge. False complaints are liable to be considered as offense and dealt with accordingly.