The mission of International Conference on Medical Education is “to provide a credible platform for bringing together World leading Experts on Medical Education and Educators from all over the world to prepare them adopt recent innovations and standards in medical education so that the product from Institutions in their countries matches and competes with the product from similar Institutions in developed world”.
The first ICME was organized in 2009 in Islamabad-Pakistan. It was a great success and its recommendations were implemented by Government of Pakistan, Pakistan Medical and Dental Council and Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
It was decided that the conference will be a biennial event and will be organized also in other developing, particularly Muslim, countries who require support in implementing reforms in Health Profession Education.
- ICME 2009 – Islamabad
- ICME 2011 – Abu Dhabi
- ICME 2013 – Mauritius
- ICME 2015 – Turkey
- ICME 2018 – Abu Dhabi
- ICME 2019 – Islamabad
- To provide an international environment of learning and professional development.
- To provide a credible forum and creating communities of practice for health professionals, leaders, scholars, educators, clinicians, policy makers, and organizations by sharing their experiences, scholarly work, and future challenges in health professions education.
- To promote collaboration and strengthen liaison between medical schools internationally through exchange of research ideas, viewpoints and experiences in health professions education.
- To appraise the trends and opportunities confronting health professions education both nationally and internationally.
- To share the challenges & issues in; growth of knowledge, societal issues, technology evolution, student’s involvement and support in curriculum, health care reform, accreditations, faculty development and social accountability.
- To provide opportunity to identify international standards and prepare the health professionals according to that but in local context.
- To develop strategies and recommendations to cope with the future context based challenges by using the best evidence based medical education.