- The Financial Assistance Program (FAP) being implemented in FUI since 2007 has been revisited in order to cater for the changes in the organogram and progression of FUMC into FUIC to include the Dental College and Institute of Rehabilitation Sciences.
- FUI is also mindful of the high cost of the professional education and other hardships of the parents. To address their predicament and to help the students persue their educational goals a Need Based Financial Loan Program (Qarza-eHasna) has been implemented instead of Financial Assistance Programme from 2016.
- The Fauji Foundation in general and Foundation University, Islamabad (FUI) in particular is committed to provide most conducive learning environments at NO Profit No Loss basis. The FUI has a firm resolve that the talented students are not denied the opportunity of quality professional education due to lack of resources or finances. The University seeks out such students with potential to excel and support them with the Merit Based Scholarships. The assistance is awarded purely on merit and has no string / conditions attached to it for those who excel out/shine in studies (No categorization of civilians / armed forces etc).
Merit Scholarship (Open to all). Students are eligible for award of merit scholarships on attaining a position in the professional examinations. The merit will be determined on the basis of result of annual / semester examination issued by the Controller of Examination. The merit scholarship will be granted to the number of students as follows:-
|First Position||30% of tuition fee||30% of tuition fee|
|Second Position||25% of tuition fee||25% of tuition fee|
|Third Position||20% of tuition fee|
|NOTE: The number of positions will be proportional to class strength|
|Up to 49 students||1 Scholarship|
|50 – 100 students||2 Scholarships|
|Above 100 students||3 Scholarships|
- Merit Scholarship will be entitled to the registered students or who have been accepted for admission in FUIC.
- Has not been involved in any disciplinary case in that semester / year.
- Has not failed in any subject / course in that semester / year.
- Minimum CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00 or 60% marks for MBBS / BDS.
Incentives for Board Position Holders
Board position holders for undergraduate admission will be offered Scholarships / financial incentive for 1st semester / 1st year as under:-
- 1st position holder 100% tuition fee waiver
- 2nd position holder 75% tuition fee waiver
- 3rd position holder 50% tuition fee waiver
- 4th position holder 40% tuition fee waiver
- 5th position holder 30% tuition fee waiver
Financial Loan Qarza-E-Hasna
- Financial Loan is provided to maximum 10% of the needy and deserving students. Irrespective of being enrolled in the campus, defence forces personnel or civilian category.
- Extreme compassionate expatriate cases (loss of parents) may be considered for sanction of the loan by the Rector, FUI.
- The FUI Secretariat will place the amount annually for disbursement as Financial Loan – Qarza-e-Hasna to the undergraduates two months before the start of new session i.e. annual / semester.
- The range of loans should be upto a maximum of 50% of tuition fee (fresh application ) which will be reviewed each year.
- Loans are repayable any time during / after graduation. The repayment is voluntary and should be done over a period of five to ten years, depending upon the amount of loan.
- The available amount shall be distributed among the applicants, on the basis of need of each case, as deemed appropriate by the Financial Loan Committee (FLC).
- Financial Loan is decided on the basis of information provided in the Application Form and scrutiny / verification by the FLC.
- Students have to apply for Loan two months before the commencement of new session i.e. Annual / Semester.
- Loan will not be applicable to 1st Professional / Semester.
- The student should apply for loan every year and they will be reassessed every time a fresh.
- Any false information / declaration or concealment of facts will lead to cancellation of any loan and even admission to the college as Recommended by the FLC.
- The Financial Loan form will be available from the Student Hub and at the FUI website http://www.fui.edu.pk free of cost.
ELIGIBILITY A student is eligible for Financial Loan if he / she :-
- Is a registered student of FUIC.
- The total assets of the parents (other than their personal residence) does not exceed five million.
- The student should maintain a minimum of 2.5 CGPA out of 4.00 or 55% marks in FUI Semester / Annual examination respectively to remain eligible for loan in the coming academic session. He / She should not have failed in any subject / course during the current annual / semester examination.
- Is not punished in any serious disciplinary case.
- Is not drawing any financial benefit from any other source equivalent to 50% of the tuition fee of that year.
- If a student is drawing any financial benefit from any source he/she will not be eligible for Financial Loan of more than 25% of the tuition fee.
- FLC can recommend financial loan upto a maximum of 50% of the tuition fee in special cases if deemed necessary.
- In no case a student is to be given any cash payment. The transaction will be made by FUI to the institute / college and student will be informed.
- In case of limited amount available preference will based upon the academic merit of the applicants.