Head of the Department
Assistant Professor Dr. Faiza Hassan (BDS, MPHIL Oral Pathology (AFIP))
Phone: (+92) 51-5788171, (+92) 51-5788250 Ext: 620
In the study of oral and dental sciences, Oral Pathology is the subject that deals with the nature, identification and management of diseases affecting the oral and maxillofacial region. The department of Oral Pathology has educational goals for the 3rd year BDS Technology and Dental Hygienist students.The department provides an overview of oral and maxillofacial pathology including the clinical Histopathology and radiographic presentation of Oral diagnosis and pathogenesis. The study of microscope, tissue processing, diagnostic tests and advanced techniques are also includes.
- Need of including the subject in the curriculum
- Education based dentistry
- Career options as an Oral Pathologists
- A general dentist maybe the first one to uncover a lot of conditions the patient is unaware of.
- Objectives of teaching this subject to undergraduate students
- To familiarize the students with the various oral disease
- To familiarize the students with the oral manifestations of certain diseases.
- Help student identify the sign and symptoms of various oral lesions.
- To familiarize students with various diagnostic techniques applicable in every condition. At the end of year Students are expected to:
- Know about most of the lesions of the oral cavity.
- Identify the lesions clinically as well as microscopically.
- Be able to recognize the diagnostic tests for a particular lesion.
- Know which lesion is to be managed by a specialist and appropriate referrals
This subject equips students with an understanding of the fundamentals and mechanisms governing the behavior of dental materials used in daily practice. Students are given hands on training in the manipulation and usage of various dental materials in an effort to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and clinical application. It is hoped that students will be able to apply their knowledge of materials science to the clinical setting.
|Dr. Farrah Farhan (BDS, Mphil (OP))||email@example.com||(+92) 51-5788171 Ext: 620|
|Dr. Wajahat Ghafoor (BDS,MCPS Trainee(OS)|| firstname.lastname@example.org
||(+92) 51-5788171 Ext: 620|
|Dr. Sidra Ghayas (BDS)||email@example.com||(+92) 51-5788171 Ext: 620|