150 students will be admitted per year. Admission in FUMC is open to all students irrespective of sex, religion, colour, creed, class and domicile who are academically qualified for admission to the courses of study offered by the college.
The admission is offered strictly on the basis of merit determined by the university as per the admission criteria set by the PM&DC.
Prescribed admission forms are available from the office of the Manager Students Affairs and various locations notified in the advertisement w.e.f 31th October 2017.
The candidate who apply online must submit the printed application form along with processing fee challan of Rs. 3000/- and required documents as per the checklist before 15th November 2017.
Application Requirements for Medical Students
Following requirements of the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PM&DC) & Foundation University Islamabad (FUI) must be met by all the applicants seeking admission in the MBBS program.
Prerequisites for Pakistani Candidates
- He / She must have obtained minimum sixty percent marks in higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination having minimum twelve years of education. OR
- He / She must have passed, obtaining minimum sixty prevent marks in aggregate in, an examination of a course from a foreign university or examination body or foreign education system in at least three subjects i.e. compulsory subjects of biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics and such course must have been duly certified by the Inter-Boards Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) as equivalent to higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc or intermediate level of Pakistan.
- Provincial / regional entry test is mandatory for admission in MBBS.
Prerequisites for Overseas Candidates
- 23 x candidates to be admitted in Expatriate / Foreigner category. Following category of students shall be eligible for admission on Foreign / Expatriate seats:-
- Foreign or dual nationality holders or overseas Pakistani students desirous of taking admission in MBBS course against open merit or foreign quota seat in any public or private institution of Pakistan.
- Must have passed, obtaining minimum sixty percent marks in aggregate in an examination of course from a foreign university or its examination body or its education system in at least three compulsory subject of biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics and such course must have been duly certified by IBCC as equivalent to HSSC, F.Sc or intermediate level of Pakistan.
- English proficiency test e.g. valid TOEFL or IELTS with a minimum score of 500 or 5.5 or a certification by National University of Modern Languages (NUML) after one year English language course; and
- Candidates having foreign or dual nationality or overseas Pakistani students and qualified from abroad may also apply if they have passed a foreign SAT II examination with minimum 550 marks in each of the three subjects including compulsory subjects of biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics or a foreign MCAT with minimum aggregate score of 24 as an alternative to provincial or regional admission test.
Last Date for Submission of SAT II and TOEFL / IELTS Scores
- The last date to receive SAT II and TOEFL / IELTS scores in the Admission Office is November 15, 2017. Candidates must submit attested copies of the same to meet deadlines followed up with originals.
- Applications will be considered for further evaluation only if Equivalence Certificates, SAT II / MCAT and TOEFL / IELTS scores are received in the Admission Office latest by November 15, 2017.
Validity of Test Scores
Provincial/regional entry test shall be valid for one year of the same session in the private medical institution.
SAT II & MCAT from abroad scores, where applicable, can be utilized within two years of passing these examinations. For admission to the 2018 academic year, SAT II/MCAT and TOEFL / IELTS taken from November 15, 2015 and thereafter will be acceptable.
Documents to be Submitted
A candidate, who is eligible for admission, must submit attested copies of the following documents (as indicated against each) along with the application form and the Deposit Slip covering the application fee by November 15, 2017.
- SSC or equivalent foreign qualification certificate (one copy).
- HSSC or an equivalent foreign qualification certificate (one copy).
- National Identity Card/Form B of the candidate (one copy).
- National Identity Card of Father/Guardian (one copy).
- Bank draft of Rs. 3100/- as processing fee (medical students in case of downloaded form).
- Attested photocopy of Domicile.
- Three recent passport size coloured photographs of the applicant.
- Attested Photocopy of Provincial / Regional Entry Test Result.
The expatriate candidates will also provide the following documents.
- Proof of dual nationality i.e. NIC from Pakistan (Photocopy) and Proof of foreign nationality.
- Passport with Visa (Photocopy)
- SAT II examination score with minimum 550 marks in each subject (if required) or MCAT with minimum aggregate score of 24%
Valid TOEFL or IELTS with a score of 500 or 5.5 respectively (If required)
- Serving Certificate of the Parents, duly signed by the commanding officer of the father/mother, serving in the Pakistan Armed Forces.
- In case the parents are retired from the Defence Services, a copy of the pension book attested by a serving/retired Commissioned Officer.
- Letter for Reserve Seats of Shuhada from AG’s Branch, GHQ, Rawalpindi (if applicable).
To provide service certificate duly signed / certified by the relevant FF authority.
It is the responsibility of all those candidates having foreign qualifications i.e. other than Matric/FSc (Pre-Medical) from Pakistan, to obtain recognition of their qualifications and equivalence certificates from the Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC), Islamabad.
Address: Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) Plot No. 25,Street 38, G10/4,
Near Federal Govt. Employees Housing Foundation (FGEHF),
Phone: (051) 9106630, 9106631, 9106632
Fax: (051) 9106361
The equivalence certificate (Photocopy) must be attached with the application form.
These documents should be posted through a reliable service or delivered in person at the Student’s Hub during the following timings on or before the last date of receipt of the application as advertised.
Monday to Thursday 08:30 am to 02:00 pm
Friday 08:30 am to 12:00 noon